Frequently Asked Questions
From the Window Liquidators.com homepage on the left side of the screen simply click on the desired window style and follow the easy step-by-step instructions. It's that easy!
Select the state you would like the windows shipped to and your shipping cost will be calculated and added to your order automatically. Shipping is free on orders of $999.00 or more.
Pricing is available to everyone. It's free.
- Crystal white and beige vinyl is running 4 weeks.
- Crystal exterior colors is running 6-8 weeks.
- Crystal tempered glass is running 5-6 weeks.
- Jeld-Wen is running 6-8 weeks on all products.
- Crystal commercial aluminum white or bronze is running 4-6 weeks.
- Crystal commercial aluminum custom colors are running 6-8 weeks.
Yes, Many of our customers drive from all across the US to take advantage of Window Liquidators.com savings. Window Liquidators.com headquarters is located in Aurora, IL.
As the name suggests, Replacement Windows are to be used when replacing existing windows. They are designed to fit easily into existing openings with minimal retrofitting required. All replacement windows are custom-sized to insure proper fit.
New Construction windows are to be used in new construction applications. They are designed with a nailing fin to easily secure the window to new construction framing. All new construction windows are custom-sized to insure proper fit.
As per different windows, measurement procedure is different, so when you select the product on our website, then below product detail, there are one link you can find for measurement instruction for perticular window type
We are continually developing our website, if something you need is not listed it may be available. Please email us with any such requests. email@example.com
Yes, we do carry stainable /paintable pine or oak interior, vinyl core and exterior.
Yes, all of our Replacement and New Construction Windows are manufactured to the quarter inch.
While we are open to the general public, we focus our resources on volume customers.
Window Liquidators.com does not currently offer installations.
No, we do not sell window parts. If you have purchased windows with us in the past and there is a warranty issue, parts may be supplied accordingly.
Yes, all Window Liquidators.com windows come with screens. Double-hung windows come with a standard half-screen. Casement, bay, bow, awning, hopper, windows all come with a standard full-screen.
Yes, all of our single and double-hung windows tilt in for easy cleaning.
From the homepage click the "product performance data" button.
Yes, Window Liquidators.com keeps all customer information confidential. See our privacy statement for further details.
Click the "Warranty" button on the homepage.
Yes, brochures are available on Brochure link on Windows and Doors page.
Yes, all of our windows come with insulated (double-pane) glass.
Yes, pictures will be available soon.
Window Liquidators compare very favorably to those made of other building materials. Vinyl allows for smooth operation year round because of its self-lubricating properties and the fact that it does not shrink, swell or bend during harsh weather conditions. The combination of aesthetic appeal, energy efficiency, and low maintenance provides equal or better performance and is often more economical.
Window Liquidators windows offer many styles to give your home a beautiful new look while improving energy efficiency. They can add value to your home while lowering your heating and bills.
The R-value is the resistance a material has to the flow of heat (the higher the R-value, the greater the resistance).
The U-value is the amount of heat that is transferred through a material. (The lower the U-value, the better insulating quality).
Two organizations, the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) and the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC), test the performance and quality standards for windows.
The NFRC established standards for thermal performance.
- U-factor: This is a measure of heat loss. The lower the U-factor the better.
- SHGC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient): Once again the lower the better.
- VT (Visible Transmittance): The higher the visible transmittance, the more daylight is transmitted. A high VT is desirable to maximize the amount of daylight entering the home.
The AAMA established standards for structural integrity, air infiltration, water infiltration resistance and forced entry resistance.
- Structural Integrity is the ability to withstand wind and other dynamic pressures. This is rated in design pressure (DP). The higher a product's rating design pressure, the greater the amount of wind or pressure the window will withstand.
- Air Infiltration tests involve the equivalent of 25 mph wind. The lower the air infiltration rating the better.
- Water Infiltration tests a window's ability to resist water leakage through the window frame, sashes, joints, weather-stripping, etc. No leakage is permitted under these test criteria.
- Forced entry is tested by a certified lab technician using many different tools in order to simulate someone breaking into a home through the window. Next, windows and doors are subjected to hundreds of pounds of force to try to lift or push them open while in the locked position.
Because Window Liquidators strives to excel in the industry, we use a certified testing facility where the windows are subjected to the strict requirements of the nationally recognized standards.
ENERGY STAR was started by The United States Department of Energy. ENERGY STAR helps businesses and consumers become aware of what products save energy to save money while protecting the environment for future generations. When a product, such as a Window Liquidators window, meets the requirements for ENERGY STAR that product then qualifies for the program.
Yes, you can order windows of any size to the 1/4-inch in width and height.
Insulated glass consists of two pieces of glass sealed to a spacer. This creates an insulated air space between the two pieces of glass, resulting in better thermal performance. Insulated glass also reduces condensation while keeping the heat in during the winter and the heat out during the summer.
Condensation is the result of excess humidity, or excess water vapor in the air coming into contact with a smaller surface such as a window causing visible droplets of water. To minimize this effect, Window Liquidators's windows are built with features to keep the surface of the glass warmer. When the humidity conditions are extremely high, use the following suggestions to help reduce the moisture in the air:
- Open windows frequently to "air-out" your home.
- Use a dehumidifier.
- Use venting fans in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
LoE² (low emissivity) glass provides year round comfort and energy savings. Two thin, transparent metallic coatings applied to the glass selectively filter solar radiation. During the summer, LoE² reduces heat gain, keeping your home Window Liquidators.comler. LoE² glass helps keep you warmer in the winter by reflecting heat back into your home.
Window Liquidators vinyl windows are virtually maintenance free. They are unaffected by moisture, salt air, pollution and airborne chemicals. Vinyl will not pit, peel, flake or corrode, making it unnecessary to paint. Cleaning is easy using a simple cloth and mild detergent. Do not use harsh detergents or solvents as these could damage the finish or appearance of the windows.
Window Liquidators's replacement windows are designed to fit neatly and effortlessly into the opening left by the removal of an existing sash. If you need more assistance please visit our Installation Guides page for quick answers to most of your questions.